YWCA Bethlehem is currently accepting candidates to fill the full-time position of Director of Adult Day Services. Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Director of Adult Day Services
The Director of Adult Day Services is responsible for the administration and general management of the YWCA Adult Day Services Center including the following:
- Implementation of policies and procedures
- Admission and discharge of clients
- Safety and protection of clients
- Compliance with all state regulations
- Program marketing and community outreach
- Maintain ongoing interaction with staff and clients
II. RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- To develop program objectives and work plans for the Adult Day Center.
- To schedule, direct, supervise, train, and evaluate program staff.
- To market the program through community outreach and participation in trade fairs and workshops.
- To serve as direct program and referral liaison with the staff of the Area Agencies on Aging and other community organizations.
- To oversee the development of a Client Care Plan for all clients.
- To attend monthly client reviews with caseworkers.
- To ensure compliance and maintain records and documentation required for licensing by PA Department of Aging, Northampton and Lehigh County’s Area Agencies on Aging and the Office of Developmental Programs.
- To complete monthly reports (CACFP, County Services Rendered Report, Program Participation).
- To enforce program policies and procedures as outlined in the program materials.
- To support the work of the Adult Day Services Committee and to serve as staff liaison to the committee.
- To ensure Waiver Compliance and standards as well as Incident Management/Risk Management and Quality Management.
- To perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Accountable to the Executive Director
IV. HOURS OF WORK
The Director of Adult Day Services is a full-time, salaried, exempt position.
V. QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 2 years social or health services experience OR high school diploma or GED equivalent and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the social or health service setting and skills to work with aging adults or adults with functional impairment and to supervise staff.
- First Aid and CPR certified within three months of hire.
- Medication certified within three months of hire.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Ability to work as a team member and with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent organization, communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
- Criminal background check and child abuse check, biannual physical and annual training required.
- Criminal record check must be provided at time of interview.
YWCA Bethlehem offers unpaid internships throughout the year in areas of communications, marketing, event planning, development/fundraising, education, advocacy and geriatric healthcare. We can also tailor volunteer experiences for college students seeking shorter-term practicums or externships.