Development Director (Part-time)
YWCA Bethlehem is hiring for for a part-time Development Director. Apply at Indeed.
YWCA PURPOSE & NONDISCRIMINATION STATEMENT
The YWCA of Bethlehem is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
It is the policy of the YWCA of Bethlehem not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, disability, age, religion, sexual preference, veteran status or any other legally protected classification in its programs, activities or employment.
The Development Director shall raise funds for the programs of the YWCA of Bethlehem through grant writing, solicitation of sponsorships, donor cultivation and stewardship.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Raise funds for the programs and operation of the YWCA of Bethlehem to increase income generating, funding and donor opportunities.
- Identifies potential sources of grant funding that align with the organization’s mission and goals in accordance with organization’s strategic plan. Prepares and submits applications or proposals with the goal of securing grants. Monitors program expenditures and submits documentation supporting expenses as required. Ensures that the organization’s programs and services provided are in compliance with applicable policies, standards and regulations set forth by the grantor.
- Attend YWCA programs, meetings and community events.
- Prepares and distributes reports detailing program progress and performance in compliance with grantor reporting requirements and grant closeout reports.
- Track business development activities and reports on results to management/Board of Directors and committees as necessary. Provides feedback on opportunities and suggests plan of action.
- Solicit, track, process donations. Generate and send acknowledgement of gifts and/or thank you letters.
- Fosters relationships for donation opportunities with local organizations, corporate sponsors and private donors.
- Act as the Staff Liaison to committees as assigned by supervisor.
- Manage and expand the YWCA’s volunteer program through corporate and individual relationships.
- Prepare and report program outcomes to management/Board of Directors and committees as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of five years’ experience in business development or organizational fundraising required, in the non-profit sector highly
- Active community member
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team depending on the task
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to network and build relationships
- Positively represent the YWCA in the community
- Excellent writing and proofreading
- Strong attention to detail
- Committed and genuinely passionate about the YWCA mission
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, Power Point and Outlook
HOURS OF WORK: The position of Development Director is a part-time position.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position reports to the YWCA of Bethlehem’s Director of Administration.
Lead hands-on STEM activities and empower girls in the Bethlehem Area School District. We are seeking three TechGYRLS instructors for our weekly afterschool programs at Marvine, Donegan and Fountain Hill Elementary Schools. Minimum commitment is one weekday afternoon per week 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm.
YWCA Bethlehem offers unpaid internships throughout the year in areas of communications, marketing, event planning, fundraising, education, advocacy and geriatric healthcare. We can also tailor volunteer experiences for college students seeking shorter-term practicums or externships. Email Empowerment Center Director Jen Wanisko for more information.