From TechGYRLS Afterschool STEM and senior care services to efforts to promote racial justice and end gender-based violence, YWCA Bethlehem works to build a world that works for everyone. YWCA Bethlehem is one of more than 200 branches working locally across the United States to advance the mission we share with YWCA USA:
“YWCA is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.”
To fulfill this mission, YWCA programs focus on social change in three key areas:
- racial justice and civil rights
- economic empowerment of women and girls
- health and safety of women and girls
Services and Programs
YWCA Bethlehem supports, serves and educates over 1,200 children, women and seniors annually.
- Racial Justice & Civil Rights: Stand Against Racism Campaign, Diversity Education, Martin Luther King Day Celebration
- Economic Empowerment: TechGYRLS STEM Education, Financial Literacy, Prom Dress Day
- Health & Safety: Week Without Violence Campaign, Breast Health Education, Girls Golf, Adult Day Services Center (Dementia care for women and men)
YWCA Bethlehem is governed by a 17-member Board of Directors representing Lehigh Valley businesses, social services and non-profits.