Job Description: Program Director
I. YWCA PURPOSE & NONDISCRIMINATION STATEMENT
The YWCA of Bethlehem is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
It is the policy of the YWCA of Bethlehem not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, disability, age, religion, sexual preference, veteran status or any other legally protected classification in its programs, activities or employment.
The Program Director shall establish, develop, maintain and expand the YWCA’s newest signature program.
III. RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Responsible for establishing the YWCA’s newest program from the ground up. Once program is implemented and established, responsible for maintaining and expanding the program to ensure sustainability.
- Responsible for day-to-day administration of the program.
- Establishes and fosters relationships with local businesses and school districts to support the program by providing funding, subject-matter experts/experience, community connections, etc.
- Works closely with the Development Director to apply for grants, seek donors, and other forms of available funding to financially support the program.
- Evaluates all programming on a regular basis through data collection and analysis. Provides feedback/suggestions to management and the Board of Directors on opportunities for expansion and development or dissolution of underperforming / cost prohibitive programs. Implements changes as necessary.
- Ensures all programs and services provided are in compliance with applicable policies, standards and regulations.
- Creates program materials including marketing materials, social media content, mailings, press releases, etc.
- Acts as the Staff Liaison to assigned committees.
- Attends YWCA programs, meetings and community events as necessary.
- Prepares and reports program outcomes to management/Board of Directors and committees as appropriate.
- Fosters relationships and partnership opportunities with local organizations with compatible missions.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
IV. EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of some college (minimum 2 years) and experience required.
- 5-10 years experience in program or project management and construction required.
- Project management/leadership experience.
- Project Management/leadership experience.
- Experience with soliciting donations and fundraising from organizations and individuals.
- Commitment and drive to create organizational sustainability and community impact.
- Ability to network effectively (with individuals of diverse backgrounds, cultures, political affiliation, religion, and levels of community/organizational influence) and positively represent the YWCA in the community.
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team depending on the task
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to network and represent the YWCA in the community
- Ability to work evenings and weekends and travel throughout the Lehigh Valley to attend events and meetings, as necessary.
VI. HOURS OF WORK
The position of Program Director is a full-time, exempt position.
This position reports to the YWCA of Bethlehem’s Director of Administration.