Membership Makes a Difference!
June is membership month at YWCA Bethlehem. Please read our recent membership letter and consider joining or renewing your membership today.
At YWCA Bethlehem, our members make great things happen. Membership gifts not only demonstrate your commitment to our bold mission to empower women and promote social justice—they power our work across the Lehigh Valley. 2020 has not been the year anyone expected, but thanks to our members, YWCA Bethlehem started the year off strong and was even able to pivot many of our programs in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. During the past year, member support helped:
- Provide hands-on STEM learning for 106 girls in the Bethlehem Area School District. When COVID-19 shut down school, YWCA staff created online content to support remote learning.
- Deliver a successful season of LPGA-USGA Girls Golf that promotes gender equity in sports.
- Expand Diversity Reading Circles for school age children at sites across Bethlehem, including the Boys & Girls Club and the Cop ‘n’ Kids Reading Room.
- Develop online content around key mission-centered issues such as racial justice, gender-based violence, voter registration, and the 2020 census.
- Sustain a full roster of impactful programs for seniors including our Adult Day Services Center. Since the center closed on March 17 by governor’s orders, ADSC staff have continued to serve Lehigh Valley seniors through virtual programming, engaging activity packets, “drive by” home visits, and an online caregiver support group.
Can you support us with a membership gift this year? With your help, YWCA Bethlehem can continue to empower, educate, advocate, and promote success for girls and women. Join us at the $30 or $50 level, or at our $100 Partner Member level, with the knowledge that a membership gift at any level makes a positive impact close to home, where it counts the most—and that we are most grateful for your support.