Job Description: Girls Golf Coordinator
I. YWCA PURPOSE & NONDISCRIMINATION STATEMENT
The YWCA of Bethlehem is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
It is the policy of the YWCA of Bethlehem not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, disability, age, religion, sexual preference, veteran status or any other legally protected classification in its programs, activities or employment.
The Girls Golf Coordinator assumes primary responsibility for all logistics of the LPGA-USGA Girls Golf Program and the annual T.G.I.F. (Teaching Girls Is Fun) Charity Golf Classic from February to September. This position works closely with the Program Director, members of the TGIF Committee, and program volunteers.
III. RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Market LPGA-USGA Girls Golf program to Lehigh Valley schools, youth clubs, golfers, etc. Respond to parent inquiries and manage registrations.
- Enter all Girl Golf parents into contact management database after training period. Maintain spreadsheets of participants, by location and clinic session.
- Schedule PGA/LPGA Pro instructors for clinic instruction, on-course play, and special events as needed. Recruit volunteers and mentors to support program success.
- Manage and supervise all Girls Golf clinics and events. Insure the safety and well being of girls at all times. Guide and reinforce each girl to reach her best in the game of golf.
- Follow LPGA-USGA Girls Golf Operations Manual to assure program quality.
- Foster positive parent relations and engage parents in their daughter’s golf experience. Prepare weekly email messages for parents and/or girls participating in the program.
- Promote the availability of scholarship assistance and develop criteria for scholarship selection.
- Lead annual field trip to the Women’s Golfers Give Back clinic and mini-tournament (Plymouth Meeting, PA). Arrange bussing contract.
- Work with the Program Director and/or Development Director to plan annual TGIF Golf Tournament (June 19, 2020), responsibilities include soliciting donations and sponsors, communicating with course and caterer, and assisting at the event.
- Serve as staff liaison for the TGIF (Teaching Girls Is Fun) Committee. Engage committee members in planning, recruiting golfers, and volunteering the day of the event. Write and distribute meeting agendas and minutes.
- Promote Girls Golf and TGIF via social media, including Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Follows all YWCA organization guidelines and policies.
- High School diploma/GED required, some college preferred
- Knowledge of the game of golf is desirable.
- Experience coaching or managing youth sports preferred.
- Commitment to youth and helping girls succeed
- Prior planning/organizing experience with events, programs, etc.
- Highly organized
- Exceptional interpersonal and written communication skills
- Good computer skills
- Self-starter & team player
- Training requirements include CPR, First Aid and Child Abuse Prevention
V. Hours of Work
The Girls Golf Coordinator a seasonal position, 12 – 18 hours per week, March through August. Time will be divided between office and course locations while program is in operation.
YWCA Bethlehem (program administration), Southmoore Golf Course (Bath), and Bethlehem Golf Club. Reliable transportation for local travel required.
This position reports to the YWCA Bethlehem Program Director.